Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday Health and Beauty: Lush Love

A couple of months ago was the very first time I walked into a Lush store. I know...shocking. I had heard so many great things about their products that I had to go see and try them out for myself. Here are the Lush products I own and what I think of them. There are just a couple of bath products I have not had a chance to try out yet so I will put those at the end of the list.

1. Dream Cream - made with oat milk, lavender and chamomile to care for irritations, reduce redness, and banish blotches as well as olive oil and cocoa butter.

My legs and arms get especially dry all year round. I had tried many different creams and lotions. While many of them worked for a few hours this cream seems to really hydrate and last. Ever since I started using this, I have not had that flaky dryness. It's also great for feet, especially on rough heels.


2. Ultrabland - made with essential oils, honey and beeswax to take off any make up or residue that has built up on your face throughout the day as well as rosewater and iris flower extract.

The lady at the store recommended this product to me because I have a hard time getting my black eyeliner/mascara off at the end of the day. She said that this is their most popular makeup remover. Out of all the Lush products I have tried, this is probably my least favourite. Even though it does remove eye makeup very well, I was left feeling like there was an oily film on my eyes and I couldn't see properly for a couple of hours (I tried to make sure I got none of it in my eyes). This is one I won't be repurchasing.


 3. Fresh Farmacy - made with chamomile extract to calm, rose and lavender to soothe dry patches and tea tree to clear up any blemishes.

I love this cleanser bar! The scent is great and it leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean without that dry feeling. It isn't great at removing makeup but I always use it in the morning before I head out or on days where I am not wearing any makeup.


4. Eau Roma Water - made with rose and lavender.

This toner smells great and is a great base for my moisturizer. The one thing I do not like is the spray bottle. I'd rather put some on a cotton pad and rub it in than spray it on. Great product when paired with a moisturizer.


5. Imperialis - made with lavender infusion to balance the skin's sebum production and orange blossom water to brighten up dull looking areas.

There are so many great moisturizers at Lush. It took me a long time to decide between a few of them. The lady at the store showed me how to spray the toner on so that it absorbs the moisturizer and what a difference it made! Out of all the ones I sampled, I ended up liking Imperialis the best. I use it morning and evening.


6.  Full of Grace - made with tropical butters, chamomile and mushroom extract.

I use this serum when my face feels really dry. After I wash my face at night, I put on the toner and then rub this bar between my hands. It melts into an oil that you rub onto your face. You would think that oils would clog up your pores (I am very blemish prone), but this serum always makes my face look fantastic in the morning.


7. Sweetie Pie - made with seaweed.

This stuff smells AMAZING. It's a cherry coconut smell. And it wiggles like jello! You cut a tiny piece off and mush it into a loofah or bath sponge and you get tons of lather. Don't be fooled by the glitter in this product...you will not end up with any on you. This stuff lasts forever because you only need a pea sized amount each time to use it. Love this stuff!


8. Floating Island - made with vanilla, sandalwood and lemon.

I usually hate taking baths and will not last in there for more than 5 minutes. But with this bath melt, I was in there for almost an hour. Smells for good and it melts into an oil to help moisturize. Will be buying tons more of this stuff!


 9. Amandopondo - made with rose absolute and a citrus twist of lemon and orange oils.

I have yet to try this one out but I loved the scent of it in the store. It's supposed to be a bubble bar and make tons of foamy bubbles in the bath. Excited to try it out.


 10. Blackberry - made with bergamot and frankincense.

This is another product I have not tried out but had to pick it up because it smelled so great. I have never tried a bath bomb and am looking forward to trying it out.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home