Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Reads: Insurgent (review)


I just finished reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth. All I can say is WOW! Usually in a series I find that the second book tends to be a bit slower paced than the first but this one was action packed from the very first page and never slowed down. I was barely able to put it down. This book brought out so many emotions. I was angry, frustrated, relieved, happy, sad...It was a roller coaster ride of emotions from beginning to end. The book starts off from where the first book ended. There is no time lapse between the two books. This also means that Roth does not take any time to recap what happened in the first book. So it is best to read Divergent again before starting this one if you`re having trouble remembering any of the details. I re-read Divergent and then jumped straight into Insurgent. I cannot wait until the third and final installment of this series. We are left with a big cliffhanger at the end of the book and now I am anxiously waiting to see what happens next. Oh how I wish that I didn`t have to wait for the next book.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home