Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Reads: Book purchase from eBay


This is a book I have been looking forward to reading for quite some time now. A couple of years ago I picked up the first volume of short stories in this series The Book Lovers’ Appreciation Society for $2 on the bargain table at Chapters. I didn’t think too much of it and it sat on my shelf for quite a while. The reason I bought it was because I noticed some famous chick-lit authors on the list of short story contributors. I threw this book into my bag on my trip to NYC that fall and completely fell in love with the stories. I am more used to reading novels, but there’s something so great about picking up a book of short stories. It’s so easy to read a whole story on a lunch break or before bed. I recently found out that there is another book of short stories by many of the same authors called The Sunday Night Book Club. It seems to be out of print everywhere, but I managed to snag a copy off of eBay for $2 a few days ago. I cannot wait for it to come in the mail. Some of the authors included in this collection of short stories are: Wendy Holden, Maggie O’Farrell, Cathy Kelly, Adriana Trigiani, Patricia Scanlon, Andrea Levy, Joanne Harris, Alexander McCall Smith, Claire Bolan, Katie Fforde.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home