Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Reads: Blackberry Winter

I know I have been horrible with posting in the last few weeks. I thought I was out of my reading slump but after my last post, I got into another one. It seems that September and October were big reading slump months. In the last week, I have finally started to read at a more regular pace and I am starting to get more excited about finishing books and starting new ones.

I started this book a couple of days ago and I am LOVING it. I have had a hard time putting it down. I was even reading it as I was waiting for the elevator at my apartment and in the elevator and as I walk places. It is that good. This is the third book by Sarah Jio and her first two books The Violets of March and The Bungalow have become favourites of mine. Even though I am not yet finished her latest, I am sure it will also become one of my top books.


Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio

Synopsis: In 2011, Sarah Jio burst onto the fiction scene with two sensational novels--The Violets of March and The Bungalow. With Blackberry Winter--taking its title from a late-season, cold-weather phenomenon--Jio continues her rich exploration of the ways personal connections can transcend the boundaries of time. 

Seattle, 1933. Single mother Vera Ray kisses her three-year-old son, Daniel, goodnight and departs to work the night-shift at a local hotel. She emerges to discover that a May-Day snow has blanketed the city, and that her son has vanished. Outside, she finds his beloved teddy bear lying face-down on an icy street, the snow covering up any trace of his tracks, or the perpetrator's.

Seattle, 2010. Seattle Herald reporter Claire Aldridge, assigned to cover the May 1 "blackberry winter" storm and its twin, learns of the unsolved abduction and vows to unearth the truth. In the process, she finds that she and Vera may be linked in unexpected ways...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM , Blogger rara said...

can't wait to try it and hop on the sarah jio train! question is, will I have an interesting enough tea flavour to pique her interest in the tweeterverse? :D keep posting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home