Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Revived (a review)


Revived by Cat Patrick

Synopsis: As a little girl, Daisy Appleby was killed in a school bus crash. Moments after the accident, she was brought back to life.
A secret government agency has developed a drug called Revive that can bring people back from the dead, and Daisy Appleby, a test subject, has been Revived five times in fifteen years. Daisy takes extraordinary risks, knowing that she can beat death, but each new death also means a new name, a new city, and a new life. When she meets Matt McKean, Daisy begins to question the moral implications of Revive, and as she discovers the agency's true goals, she realizes she's at the center of something much larger -- and more sinister -- than she ever imagined.

Review: I went into this book thinking that it was a dystopian. Maybe I have been reading too many dystopian books and now expect most of the YA books I read to be dystopian.

I would describe this book as a contemporary with a sci-fi twist. I really enjoyed it. It was very quick paced and hard to put down. It makes you wonder what life would be like if there really was a drug that could bring people back from the dead. You get to know and love Daisy and feel everything she goes to through the novel. From confusion, to loss, to love, to betrayal, Daisy comes to an understanding of this Revive program and the implications it has. Although this book is not a heavy read, it has layers and is deeper than the synopsis makes it out to be.

Patrick has a lovely way of writing that truly allows you to experience everything the characters are going through in this novel. A definite must read!


Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 18, 2012 at 7:46 AM , Blogger rara said...

You're right when you're right -- It IS hard to put down! I had only meant to read up to Chapter 5, but I couldn't possibly stop. I really like the main character.. I just want to go back and curl up with my kindle!

you should put this review on GoodReads if you haven't already. I noticed you need to update that last time I saw your account. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home