Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Favourite reads of 2011

First off, Merry Christmas to everyone!! I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays with friends and family.

This year I decided to do a 55 book challenge. Right now I'm reading book number 55. So, I'm happy to say that I am super close to accomplishing my mission. Next year I am going to aim for 75.

I thought I would do a post listing my favourite books I read this year. A favourite book means that it is one I would definitely read again. I would recommend any of the books below. Happy reading!

In no particular order:

Must've Done Something Good by Cheryl Cory
Second Time Around by Beth Kendrick
Violets of March by Sarah Jio
The Perfect Blend by Trish Perry
The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Something From Tiffany's by Melissa Hill
Bossypants by Tina Fey
The Book Lovers' Appreciation Society by Various Authors
The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Take a Chance on Me by Jill Mansell
Fateful by Claudia Gray
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen Degeneres
Rhymes with Cupid by Anna Humphrey
Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me and Other Concerns by Mindy Kaling
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Chasing Fire by Suzanne Collins

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 28, 2011 at 5:09 AM , Anonymous Raphael said...

The Hunger Games made it up there! I'm so glad. Does that mean it beats out Divergent?

Early congrats on finishing your goal of 55 books. Next year to fit in another 15 books means I'll have to really step it up to read alongside you...or we'll choose really short and easy books ;)

 
At December 28, 2011 at 6:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle, which one(s) do you suggest as the best?? I need something new for my Kindle :)

-Melissa P.

 
At December 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Melissa,

If I had to narrow it down to my top favs I'd pick

For contemporary fiction
-Violets of March by Sarah Jio (I passed this book to a bunch of people when I finished reading it. It's one of my top 10 favs of all time)
-The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Best YA fiction:
-Divergent by Veronica Roth
-The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins (this series is addictive and the movie is coming out soon!)
-Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (a great feel good girly book set in Paris)

For a good laugh:
-Bossypants by Tina Fey
-Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling
I totally related to these books and was constantly laughing out loud!

Hope this helps!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home