Sunday, November 3, 2013

The books that ended my long reading slump

I have had quite the reading (and writing) slump for the last few months. I would start books and either they would take me way too long to complete or I'd never even bother to finish the book. As a book lover, I rarely ever start a book and not finish it. About a week ago my friend and I decided to try and have our own mini book club. We picked out a series and decide we would read it together. Although I found this to be a great idea, I didn't know whether or not it would pull me out of my reading funk. We must have chosen the right book because I devoured the first two in the series in a few days and I am almost done the third and final book in the trilogy. So what are these wonderful books that got me back into my reading?




The Ruby Red Trilogy by Kerstin Gier. I don't want to say too too much about this series to prevent spoilers but I will post the synopsis for the first book. These books were originally written in German and then translated into English. The translation is wonderfully done and the words and sentences flow beautifully. There are some books that as I am reading I am conscious of what page I'm on and how many pages are left. I didn't notice the pages or time fly by as I read these books. I was completely engaged by the characters, dialogue and setting. I highly recommend this series.

Synopsis: Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!
Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon—the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential.

Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home