Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gratitude





It's so easy to take for granted all the things in our lives. It's so much easier to complain than it is to be thankful. Although I hate it when people complain, I have found that I do it myself...more than I would like to. I decided to try a little experiment. I bought a little agenda and since last Wednesday I have been posting things that make me happy (or things I am thankful for) each day. I'm hoping that this exercise will help me shift to more positive thoughts and I am also hoping that at the end, I will have a list I can look back on of things that make me smile. So far I am really enjoying writing my list down everyday and have found that it is such a wonderful way to get myself out of the funk I've been in for the past couple of weeks.

Try it out!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

I find that having a gratitude journal helps. Or just consciously thinking about it in your mind as you wake up or go about your day really helps to keep you balanced and focused on the things that really matter in life. When you do this, you see how many things that you do have in your life and then realize that the little things that you stress or worry about are trivial. - and it makes you feel blessed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home