Saturday, May 7, 2011

A great read

Those who know me know that I love to read. I always have one, two or sometimes even three (if I'm feeling adventurous) books going at a time. I've made it a habit to write down all the books I read in a little notebook so if someone asks me to recommend a book I can look back to my list. I also keep a notebook for a nerdier reason: I love to count how many books I read each year.

It is not often that I come across book that truly touches my heart. Although I read all time time, very few books make it on to my top ten list. I ordered this book randomly a few weeks ago because the synopsis sounded intriguing. When the book arrived in the mail, I opened it up to read a couple of pages (something I often do) to get an idea of the style. I ended up staying up past midnight reading. I can truly say that this book has made its way into my favourite books of all time and I will be recommending it to everyone!





Synopsis from Amazon:

In her twenties, Emily Wilson was on top of the world: she had a bestselling novel, a husband plucked from the pages of GQ, and a one-way ticket to happily ever after.

Ten years later, the tide has turned on Emily's good fortune. So when her great-aunt Bee invites her to spend the month of March on Bainbridge Island in Washington State, Emily accepts, longing to be healed by the sea. Researching her next book, Emily discovers a red velvet diary, dated 1943, whose contents reveal startling connections to her own life.

A mesmerizing debut with an idyllic setting and intriguing dual story line, The Violets of March announces Sarah Jio as a writer to watch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home