Friday, September 2, 2011

Exciting news: I have my own classroom!





Last year was my first year teaching. I had a full year contract replacing someone on maternity leave and was placed at a wonderful school with an amazing staff. The one drawback? I had to try to fit all my stuff into a small office, which I shared with four other people. Luckily, since it was only my first year teaching, I didn't have too much stuff. But by the end of the year my drawers were packed, my shelf space was overflowing, and I couldn't see my desk. This year, although I wasn't expecting it, I have my own classroom (I only found out yesterday). I was super excited and then I realized that I had absolutely nothing to put up on the walls. So this morning I went out with a wonderful friend of mine and we bought a ton of stuff from the French teacher store. We then spent a few hours cleaning up the class and hanging everything. I still have a lot of space to hang things, but at least now my students won't be coming into an empty class. I cannot wait to make this place my own! I can already see myself staying late after school decorating.

Here are a few before and after pictures:

**note: the crooked screen that I cannot seem to pull up will drive me insane until I find a way to fix it!

























Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 4, 2011 at 6:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good for you.
The classroom looks great, you did a good job.
The screen would probably drive me insane as well.

Jess

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home