Friday, August 5, 2011

I finally did it!

...I read the first Harry Potter book!



Actually, I read it a few years ago for a Children's Lit class in university. I was so focused on gathering topics for my essays that I did not enjoy the book. After having many friends tell me that I need to read the books, I decided to give them a shot. Yesterday I finished the first book and, surprisingly, I liked it. I think I avoided Harry Potter for years because of the overwhelming hype it received. I often find that when things are hyped up too much, I lose interest. So I avoided it. And the more I saw people dressed up like wizards at Chapters waiting for the release of a new book the more I avoided it. But now that the final movie has been released and the frenzy seems to be winding down, I am looking forward to seeing what this series that captured millions of hearts is all about.

What are your favourite books?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At August 6, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you :)
I've never read or seen Harry Potter but I would like to give it a try as well.
I like the Nancy Drew books, but I personnaly like to read all different types of books.

Jess

 
At August 6, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

You should definitely read the Harry Potter books! The first one was great. I will have to see if I like the others as much :)

I remember reading some Nancy Drew back in the day! I do love a good mystery book.

- Michelle

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home